- 2 oranges
Strain the pulp.
- 3-4 carrots
- 1 large green apple, Granny Smith or as sour and tart as possible
Brush the carrots. Do not peel them. Cut the ends of the carrots off.
- 6-7 big leaves (with stalk) of romaine
- Red leaf lettuce
- 2-3 leaves of escarole
- 2-3 leave of endive
- 3-4 leaves of red cabbage
- 2-3 young inner beet tops (inner leaves)
- 2 leaves of Swiss chard
- A quarter of a green bell pepper
- 3-4 leaves of watercress
- 1 medium green apple, Granny Smith or as sour and hard as possible
Wash all the produce. Cut the apples and leave the core and the seeds out.
Try to include as many of the ingredients as possible.
Do not substitute!
Add enough of the approved ingredients to end up with an 8 ounce green juice.
Eat your juice - chew a few times to get your stomach fluids going.
Don't use a straw - let your saliva start the progress of your digestion.
Fresh is always best. If needed, you can store your carrot or carrot/apple juice in an airtight container, like a ball mason jar, for up to 2-3 hours.
If you have to leave the house you can take your carrot or carrot/apple juice in a thermos with you.
Yes, you may swap the juices in this case. Take the carrot/apple with you and drink the green juice at home since you HAVE TO drink the green juice right away.
Everything you ever wanted to know about carrots: